Daniel Ponce de Leon vs. Adrien Broner
From Boxrec Boxing Encyclopaedia
Revision as of 08:34, 30 November 2011 by Withoutthee88
2011-03-05 : Daniel Ponce De Leon 128½ lbs lost to Adrien Broner 129¾ lbs by UD in round 10 of 10
- Location: Honda Center, Anaheim, California, USA
- Referee: Ray Corona
- Judge: David Denkin 94-96
- Judge: Tony Crebs 91-99
- Judge: Raul Caiz Jr 94-96
|Total Punches||Ponce de Leon||Broner|
- Ponce de Leon controlled the earlier rounds with an aggressive body attack.
- Broner took control in the middle rounds, fighting from the outside and frequently potshotting his opponent.
- Rounds 8-10 seemed up for grabs, as Ponce de Leon threw considerably more punches than Broner but was not cleanly landing many of them.
- HBO's unofficial ringside judge Harold Lederman scored the fight 96-94 for Ponce de Leon.