Danny Green vs. Eric Lucas
Revision as of 10:46, 26 January 2009 by Reenthelawman
2003-12-20 : Danny Green 167¾ lbs beat Eric Lucas 167½ lbs by TKO at 2:50 in round 6 of 12
- Location: Bell Centre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- Referee: Jose Guadalupe Garcia
- Judge: Gale E. Van Hoy
- Judge: Daniel Van de Wiele
- Judge: Ken Morita
- World Boxing Council Super Middleweight Title (Interim Title)
- Time: 2:50
- Weights: Lucas 167.5 lbs, Green 167.8 lbs
- Lucas' team had protested the outcome of the fight with Markus Beyer in which he had lost his WBC title. Agreeing that the outcome was controversial, the WBC ordered a rematch, but allowed Beyer to make an optional defense against Danny Green first.
- However, Beyer was injured in his fight against Green, thereby forcing the postponement of the Lucas-Beyer rematch. In light of that injury, the WBC ordered an interim championship fight between Lucas and Green.
- Lucas takes a knee in round 6.
- Green's hard body punches having aggravated a rib injury Lucas had suffered in training, the latter signals to his corner that he no longer wishes to continue, causing his trainer Stephane Larouche to throw in the towel before the end of round 6.