David Lemieux vs. Walid Smichet
Revision as of 11:21, 25 September 2010 by Reenthelawman
2010-04-03 : David Lemieux 164 lbs beat Walid Smichet 163¾ lbs by KO at 0:57 in round 2 of 10
- Location: Montreal Casino, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- Referee: Gerry Bolen
- Judge: Jean Lapointe
- Judge: Claude Paquette
- Judge: Pasquale Procopio
- Contract weight for the fight was 165 lbs.
- Lemieux sends Smichet heavily to the canvas during the first minute of round 2 with an overhand right. While Smichet beats the count, he is in no condition to continue and the referee calls a halt to the bout.
- With this win, Lemieux becomes the first fighter to successfully defend the Canadian Super Middleweight title since Ron Savoie in 1995.
- Shortly after this fight, Smichet announced his retirement in an open letter posted on La Zone de Boxe.
Lemieux vs. Naugler
| Canadian Super Middleweight Title Fight
Trupish vs. Sharpe