Dennis Andries vs. Thomas Hearns
From Boxrec Boxing Encyclopaedia
Revision as of 23:27, 23 September 2012 by Earl
1987-03-07 : Thomas Hearns 173¼ lbs beat Dennis Andries 173½ lbs by TKO at 1:26 in round 10 of 12
- Location: Cobo Hall, Detroit, Michigan, USA
- Referee: Isaac Herrera
- Judge: Miguel Donate 89-77
- Judge: Angel Luis Guzman 89-80
- Judge: Abraham Chavarria 90-80
- WBC Light Heavyweight Championship
- Andries was making his second title defense.
- This was Hearns' first fight above 160 lbs.
- There was a crowd of 11,230.
- Hearns scored six knockdowns. Andries went down four times in the sixth round, once in the ninth, and once in the tenth.
- This was Hearns' third world title. In his next fight, he won the WBC middleweight title and became the first boxer to win world titles in four weight divisions.