Detelin Dalakliev (Bulgarian: Детелин Далаклиев) (born 19 February 1983) is a boxer from Bulgaria. He is competing in the Bantamweight (– 54 kg) division, and won the gold medal at the World Amateur Boxing Championships in Milan in 2009.
Detelin Dalakliev won bronze medals at the 2003 World Amateur Boxing Championships and 2004 European Amateur Boxing Championships and a silver medal at the 2006 European Amateur Boxing Championships.
He competed at the 2004 Summer Olympics, but was knocked out in the round of 16 by Aghasi Mammadov of Azerbaijan.
He represented Bulgaria at the 2008 European Amateur Boxing Championships in Liverpool, England. At the championships Dalakliev defeated Welshman Andrew Selby in the semifinals before facing inexperienced Englishman Luke Campbell in the final.
After four rounds Bulgarian leveled the scores in the fight to 5 each after he scored a point in the last two seconds of the fight. The decision then went to countback and Campbell was awarded the title making Campbell the first Englishman to win a European amateur title since 1961.
World amateur championship results
2003 (as a bantamweight)
- Defeated Ali Hallab (France) 25-7
- Defeated Talaybek Kadyraliev (Kyrgyzstan) walk-over
- Defeated Thongdang Klongjan (Thailand) 23-20
- Lost to Aghasi Mammadov (Azerbaijan) 15-21 (semifinal match, wins bronze)
2005 (as a bantamweight)
- Lost to Gary Russell Jr. (United States) 21-25
2007 (as a bantamweight)
- Lost to Ali Hallab (France) 21-31
2009 (as a bantmweight)
- Defeated Tran Viet Quock (Vietnam) 8-0
- Defeated Andrew Selby (Wales) 3-0
- Defeated Mehmet Topcakan (Turkey) 7-1
- Defeated Tulashboy Doniyorov (Uzbekistan) 3-1
- Defeated Yankiel Leon (Cuba) 5-0
- Defeated Eduard Abzalimov (Russia) 5-3
European amateur championships results
2006 (as a bantamweight)
- Defeated Chawazi Chatsygov (Belarus) 24-13
- Defeated Ali Hallab (France) 46-43
- Defeated Joe Murray (England) 34-18
- Defeated Mirsad Ahmeti (Croatia) RTD 2
- Lost to Ali Aliyev (Russia) 24-36 (gold medal match)
2008 (as a bantamweight)
- Defeated Dennis Ceylan (Denmark) 4-2
- Defeated Martin Parlagy (Slovakia) 4-0
- Defeated Andrew Selby (Wales) 7-0
- Lost to Luke Campbell (England) 5-5
Olympic games results
2004 (as a bantamweight)