Devon Alexander vs. Timothy Bradley
Revision as of 05:59, 11 December 2011 by Withoutthee88
2011-01-29 : Timothy Bradley Jr 139½ lbs beat Devon Alexander 140 lbs by TD at 3:00 in round 10 of 12
- Location: Silverdome, Pontiac, Michigan, USA
- Referee: Frank Garza
- Judge: Duane Ford 97-93
- Judge: Tom Miller 96-95
- Judge: Omar Mintun 98-93
- World Boxing Council Light Welterweight Title (3rd defense of Alexander)
- World Boxing Organization Light Welterweight Title (3rd defense of Bradley)
- Aired On: HBO World Championship Boxing (Main Event)
- Devon Alexander 21-0 (13 KOs) vs. Timothy Bradley 26-0 (11 KOs)
- Bradley, a 2-1 betting favorite, entered ranked as the #1 junior welterweight and the #9 pound-for-pound in the world according to The Ring Magazine. Alexander was ranked as the #3 junior welterweight by the same publication.
- Alexander suffered a cut above his right eye in the third round after an accidental butt.
- The bout was stopped about a minute into the tenth round after another accidental head clash, which left Alexander unable to continue.