Edner Cherry vs. Vicente Escobedo
Revision as of 03:42, 17 February 2013 by Sweetscientist
2013-02-16 : Vicente Escobedo 129½ lbs lost to Edner Cherry 129½ lbs by TKO at 3:00 in round 6 of 10
- Location: Boardwalk Hall, Atlantic City, New Jersey, USA
- Referee: Allan Huggins
- Judge: George Hill
- Judge: John Poturaj
- Judge: Waleska Roldan
- Aired On: Sky Sports 2
- Edner Cherry 30-6-2 (17 KOs) vs. Vicente Escobedo 26-4 (15 KOs)
- Fight was on the undercard of Adrien Broner vs. Gavin Rees.
- Cherry entered as a 2.6-to-1 betting underdog. 
- Cherry, who entered having not fought in ten months, weighed-in at the lightest of his career to date.
- Escobedo was knocked down in the final seconds of Round 2 from a right hand. He remained on one knee until the count of nine. Another right hand sent Escobedo to the mat at 2:40 of Round 6. He got to his feet and was allowed to continue. A barrage from Cherry, caused a staggered Escobedo to fall forward and the referee waved an end to the fight just as the bell rang with Escobedo on his way down for a third time.