Eric Lucas vs. Markus Beyer
Revision as of 15:55, 15 February 2009 by Reenthelawman
2003-04-05 : Markus Beyer 167¼ lbs beat Eric Lucas 166¼ lbs by SD in round 12 of 12
- Location: Leipziger Arena, Leipzig, Sachsen, Germany
- Referee: Laurence Cole
- Judge: Franco Ciminale 116-113
- Judge: Chuck Hassett 116-113
- Judge: John Keane 114-115
- World Boxing Council Super Middleweight Title (Lucas's 4th defense)
- Weights: Beyer 167.25 lbs, Lucas 166.25 lbs
- Promoter: Sauerland Event
- Fight was originally scheduled for December 7, 2002, but was postponed when it was discovered that Lucas had a thyroid gland disorder and required medication.
- The WBC ordered a rematch, but allowed Beyer to make an optional defense against Danny Green first. However, Beyer was injured in his fight against Green, thereby forcing the postponement of the Lucas-Beyer rematch. In light of that injury, the WBC ordered an interim championship fight between Lucas and Green, which the latter won by TKO 6.
- East Side Boxing article on the fight: