Erik Morales vs. Marco Antonio Barrera (1st meeting)
2000-02-19 : Erik Morales 121 lbs beat Marco Antonio Barrera 121½ lbs by SD in round 12 of 12
- Location: Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Mitch Halpern
- Judge: Carol Castellano 114-113
- Judge: Duane Ford 113-114
- Judge: Dalby Shirley 115-112
- World Boxing Council Super Bantamweight Title (9th. defending of Morales)
- World Boxing Organization Super Bantamweight Title (3rd. defending of Barrera)
- Weights: Morales 121 lbs, Barrera 121.5 lbs
- 2000 Fight of the Year - The Ring magazine
- Morales was knocked down in the 12th round.
- Following the bout, Morales vacated the WBC title and go to Featherweight division; The WBO title "reawarded" to Barrera.