Erik Morales vs. Pedro Javier Torres
Revision as of 09:02, 18 May 2009 by Reenthelawman
1996-10-12 : Erik Morales 122 lbs beat Pedro Javier Torres 122½ lbs by KO at 1:50 in round 2 of 12
- Location: Arrowhead Pond, Anaheim, California, USA
- Referee: Jon Schorle
- NABF Super Bantamweight Title (5th defense of Morales)
- Time: 1:50
- Weights: Morales 122 lbs, Torres 122.5 lbs
- Both fighters traded combinations on the inside, with Morales getting the upper hand by catching Torres lunging inside.
- In round 2, a right to the body hurt Torres. A follow up barrage of punches dropped Torres to his hands and knees. The referee waved off the fight, not picking up a count.
- Torres came in over the bantamweight limit and was therefore not eligible to win the NABF title.
Morales vs. Acero-Sanchez
| NABF Super Bantamweight Title Fight
Sanchez vs. Manzano