Felix Sturm vs. Javier Castillejo (1st meeting)
Revision as of 20:48, 25 April 2008 by Emaster
2006-07-15 : Felix Sturm 160 lbs lost to Javier Castillejo 158¾ lbs by TKO at 2:47 in round 10 of 12
- Location: Color Line Arena, Altona, Hamburg, Germany
- Referee: Mark Nelson
- Judge: Raul Caiz Jr
- Judge: Henk Meijers
- Judge: Cesar Ramos
- World Boxing Association Middleweight Title (Sturm's 1st defense)
- Time: 2:47
- Weights: Sturm 160 lbs, Castillejo 158.75 lbs
- Aired on: ZDF
- Sturm was caught by a hard counter left hook that shook him to his heels and was followed by a barrage of left hooks and an overhand right behind his ear which knocked him down in the second round. Sturm looked like he was out on his feet after he got up but recovered pretty quickly.
- In the tenth round a short left hook followed by left uppercuts to the head knocked the lights out of Sturm and the referee stepped in and caught Sturm before he fell to the canvas.
- Sturm was ahead on all scorecards at the time of stoppage.
Maselino Masoe vs. Felix Sturm
| WBA Middleweight Title Fight
Javier Castillejo vs. Mariano Natalio Carrera (1st meeting)