Felix Sturm vs. Javier Castillejo (2nd meeting)
From Boxrec Boxing Encyclopaedia
Revision as of 11:23, 5 March 2008 by Emaster
2007-04-28 : Javier Castillejo 158¼ lbs lost to Felix Sturm 159½ lbs by UD in round 12 of 12
- Location: Koenig Pilsener Arena, Oberhausen, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
- Referee: Raul Caiz Jr
- Judge: John Coyle 112-116
- Judge: Erkki Meronen 114-115
- Judge: Cesar Ramos 112-116
- World Boxing Association Middleweight Title (2nd defense by Castillejo)
- Weights: Sturm 159.5 lbs, Castillejo 158.25 lbs
- Castillejo was the aggressor and Sturm focused on clean effective counter punching.
- Castillejo's team and himself claimed afterwards that it was an unjust decision.
Javier Castillejo vs. Mariano Natalio Carrera (1st meeting)
| WBA Middleweight Title Fight
Felix Sturm vs. Noe Tulio Gonzalez Alcoba