Felix Sturm vs. Koji Sato
From Boxrec Boxing Encyclopaedia
Revision as of 16:51, 23 May 2010 by Slugger
2009-04-25 : Felix Sturm 159 lbs beat Koji Sato 159½ lbs by TKO at 2:46 in round 7 of 12
- Location: König Palast, Krefeld, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
- Referee: Luis Pabon
- Judge: David Singh
- Judge: Pinit Prayadsab
- Judge: Juan Manuel Garcia Reyes
- World Boxing Association World Middleweight Title (6th defense by Sturm)
- Promoter: Universum Box-Promotion
- Aired on: ZDF
- Felix Sturm 31-2-1 (13 KOs) vs. Koji Sato 14-0 (13 KOs)
- Sturm came in ranked as the # 3 middleweight in the world by The Ring Magazine. Sato was unranked by the same publication.
- It was just the second time that Sato had fought outside of his native Japan. The other being his professional debut in Las Vegas, Nevada four years earlier.