Felix Trinidad vs. Fernando Vargas
Revision as of 02:12, 1 December 2008 by Ric
2000-12-02 : Felix Trinidad 154 lbs beat Fernando Vargas 154 lbs by TKO at 1:33 in round 12 of 12
- Location: Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Jay Nady
- Judge: Duane Ford 103-100
- Judge: Stanley Christodoulou 104-100
- Judge: Glen Hamada 104-99
- World Boxing Association Super Welterweight Title (2nd defending of Trinidad)
- International Boxing Federation Junior Middleweight Title (6th defending of Vargas)
- Time: 1:33
- Weights: 154 lbs (each)
- The Unified Rules of Boxing applied
- Vargas was knocked down twice in the 1st round, and three times in the 12th.
- Trinidad was down in the 4th round.
- Both fighters had a point deducted for low blows.