From Boxrec Boxing Encyclopaedia
Revision as of 10:11, 30 May 2010 by Ric
- After Pacheco got his medical degree from the University of Miami, he set up practice in the Little Havana community of Miami, Florida, and began working with Angelo Dundee and his fighters at the 5th Street Gym.
- Was Muhammad Ali's physician and corner man.
- Advised Ali to retire for medical reasons following his fight with Earnie Shavers. Ali chose to continue fighting, so Pacheco left the Ali camp.
- Became an Emmy Award-winning television boxing analyst.
- Has authored several books, plays, screenplays, and short stories.
- Pacheco is also an award-winning artist.
- Inducted into the World Boxing Hall of Fame, "Expanded Category" (Announcers & Broadcasters)