Fernando Montiel vs. Nonito Donaire
2011-02-19 : Nonito Donaire 118 lbs beat Fernando Montiel 118 lbs by TKO at 2:25 in round 2 of 12
- Location: Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Russell Mora
- Judge: Dave Moretti
- Judge: Patricia Morse Jarman
- Judge: Ed Kugler
Aired On: HBO Boxing After Dark (Main Event)
- World Boxing Council Bantamweight Title (2nd defense by Montiel)
- World Boxing Organization Bantamweight Title (2nd defense by Montiel)
- Fernando Montiel 44-2-2 (34 KOs) vs. Nonito Donaire 25-1 (17 KOs)
- Montiel, a 2-1 underdog  despite being champion, entered ranked as the #7 fighter pound-for-pound in the world and the #1 bantamweight according to The Ring Magazine. Donaire entered ranked as the #5 fighter pound-for-pound in the world and the #5 bantamweight by the same publication. He is also ranked WBO #3 and WBC #4 in the bantamweight division respectively.
A big left hook sent Montiel down in Round 2. He was able to make it to his feet and was allowed to continue. After just a few more punches from Donaire, however, the referee stepped in and waved an end to the bout at 2:25 of Round 2.