Fernando Montiel vs. Nonito Donaire
2011-02-19 : Nonito Donaire 118 lbs beat Fernando Montiel 118 lbs by TKO at 2:25 in round 2 of 12
- Location: Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Russell Mora
- Judge: Dave Moretti
- Judge: Patricia Morse Jarman
- Judge: Ed Kugler
Aired On: HBO Boxing After Dark (Main Event)
- World Boxing Council Bantamweight Title (2nd defense by Montiel)
- World Boxing Organization Bantamweight Title (2nd defense by Montiel)
- Fernando Montiel 44-2-2 (34 KOs) vs. Nonito Donaire 25-1 (17 KOs)
- Montiel, a 2-1 underdog  despite being champion, entered ranked as the #7 fighter pound-for-pound in the world and the #1 bantamweight according to The Ring Magazine. Donaire entered ranked as the #5 fighter pound-for-pound in the world and the #5 bantamweight by the same publication. He is also ranked WBO #3 and WBC #4 in the bantamweight division respectively.
A left hook sent Montiel down in Round 2. He was able to make it to his feet and allowed to continue, but after two more punches from Donaire, however, the referee stepped in and waved an end to the bout at 2:25 of Round 2.