Hasim Rahman vs. Oleg Maskaev (2nd meeting)
(Redirected from Fight:1088821)
2006-08-12 : Oleg Maskaev 238 lbs beat Hasim Rahman 235 lbs by TKO at 2:17 in round 12 of 12
- Location: Thomas & Mack Center, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Jay Nady
- Judge: Jerry Roth 106-103
- Judge: Glenn Trowbridge 105-104
- Judge: Anek Hongtongkam 103-106
- All ringside HBO television commentators, including Lennox Lewis, felt that referee Nady's continual cautions to Maskaev not to hold were unwarranted and one-sided.
- Rahman was knocked down early in the final round, stumbled to the mat a minute later, and was holding on to the rope to stay on his feet. Maskaev landed a flurry of blows with Rahman unable to defend himself. The referee stopped the bout to save Rahman from further punishment.
- Originally broadcast as an HBO Pay-Per-View special. Official PPV sales were 60,000, with an estimated 100,000 needed to break even.
- Arum was predicting sales of 250,000, and thus lost an estimated one million dollars on this program.
- Maskaev's corner: Victor Valle Jr. (Trainer & Cutman), Dick Wood (Second)
- Rahman's corner: Thell Torrance (Trainer), Ya Ya Cason (Cutman), Leonard Ellerbe (Second)
Rahman vs. Toney I
| WBC Heavyweight Title Fight
Maskaev vs. Okhello