Timothy Bradley vs. Kendall Holt
(Redirected from Fight:1388702)
2009-04-04 : Timothy Bradley Jr 138½ lbs beat Kendall Holt 139¾ lbs by UD in round 12 of 12
- Location: Bell Centre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- Referee: Michael Griffin
- Judge: Jack Woodburn 115-111
- Judge: Raul Nieves 114-112
- Judge: Richard DeCarufel 115-111
- World Boxing Council Light Welterweight Title (2nd defense of Bradley)
- World Boxing Organization Light Welterweight Title (2nd defense of Holt)
- Aired On: Showtime Championship Boxing (Main Event)
- Announcer: Jimmy Lennon Jr.
- Attendance: 7,513
- Timothy Bradley (23-0) 11 KOs vs. Kendall Holt (25-2) 13 KOs
- Bradley came in ranked as the # 2 junior welterweight in the world by The Ring Magazine. Kendall Holt came in ranked # 7 by the same publication.
- A big counter left hook sent Bradley down in Round 1. He was up quickly before going back to a knee to gather himself. It was the first time in his professional career to be knocked down.
- A clash of heads in Round 4 opened a small cut above Holt's right eye.
- Holt was warned in Round 5 for a low blow.
- Bradley was warned in Rounds 6 and 8 for a low blows.
- Bradley was ruled down again in Round 12 when a counter right uppercut caused his glove to touch the mat.
- Despite being knocked down twice in the fight, Timothy Bradley used a higher work rate and solid body work to earn a unanimous decision. Holt fought much of the fight as a counter puncher and landed the greater number of clean power punches, but simply was not aggressive enough through the middle rounds to gain favor with the judges.