Julio Cesar Chavez vs. Edwin Rosario
(Redirected from Fight:13959)
1987-11-21 : Julio Cesar Chavez 134¾ lbs beat Edwin Rosario 135 lbs by TKO at 2:38 in round 11 of 12
- Location: Las Vegas Hilton, Outdoor Arena, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Richard Steele
- Judge: Bob Watson 99-91
- Judge: Albert Tremari 100-90
- Judge: Jerry Roth 98-92
- World Boxing Association World Lightweight Title (2nd defense by Rosario)
- Promoter: Don King (Don King Productions)
- Ring Announcer: Chuck Hull
- Aired On: HBO World Championship Boxing (Main Event)
- Photo #2, Photo #3, Photo #4
- Julio Cesar Chavez (56-0, 46 KO) vs. Edwin Rosario (31-2, 24 KO)
- Ticket prices were $400, $200, $100 and $25.
- Rosario was battered by Chavez until the fight was stopped by the referee.
- “For one night, at least, he (Chavez) grasped perfection, clutched it to his chest, and then held it high above his head for all historians to see", - KO Magazine.
- “A description of the fight reads like a police account of a street beating”, - The Ring Magazine.