Nathan Cleverly vs. Danny McIntosh
(Redirected from Fight:1414807)
2009-07-18 : Danny McIntosh 174¼ lbs lost to Nathan Cleverly 174 lbs by TKO at 1:30 in round 7 of 12
- Location: York Hall, Bethnal Green, London, United Kingdom
- Referee: Howard John Foster
- Commonwealth (British Empire) Light Heavyweight Title (4th defense of Cleverly)
- BBBofC British Light Heavyweight Title (Vacant Title)
- British title had been vacated by Dean Francis when he moved up to cruiserweight.
- In round two, Cleverly landed a big left to the liver of his opponent and added a right hook to send McIntosh to the canvas.
- McIntosh was down again moments later from a right hand to the jaw.
- McIntosh down once more in the third round.
- The end came in round 7. Cleverly dropped his opponent with a right hand, and although McIntosh beat the count, he was immediately hit hard with two combinations that forced the referee to call an end to the fight.
Cleverly vs. Boyle
| Commonwealth Light Heavyweight Title Fight
Cleverly vs. Fry