Guillermo Rigondeaux vs. Giovanni Andrade
2009-09-18 : Guillermo Rigondeaux 121¼ lbs beat Giovanni Andrade 124½ lbs by TKO at 2:53 in round 3 of 10
- Location: Fontainbleau Hotel, Miami Beach, Florida, USA
- Referee: Samuel Burgos
- Judge: Rocky Young
- Judge: Michael Pernick
- Judge: Bill Ray
- NABA Super Bantamweight Title (Vacant Title)
- Aired On: ESPN Friday Night Fights (Main Event)
- Time: 2:53
- Guillermo Rigondeaux 2-0 (2 KOs) vs. Giovanni Andrade 60-11 (49 KOs)
- Andrade, an 8.5-1 underdog, entered having won five consecutive bouts dating back to July of 2007. Rigondeaux came in undefeated with two knockout victories over lesser opposition.
- It was the first professional bout for Rigondeaux to be scheduled for more than four rounds.
- Andrade came in at 126 lbs, 4 pounds over. He reweighed later at 124, 2 pounds over. The Rigoneaux camp still took the bout.
- First bout for former Cuban amateur champion Rigondeaux with new trainer Freddie Roach.
- Andrade still holds an astounding 58-0 ( 49 KOs) pro record for bouts in Brazil, 2-12 elsewhere.
- NABA title had been stripped from Olivier Lontchi after he challenged Juan Manuel Lopez for the WBO Super Bantamweight title on June 27, 2009
Andrade came out mostly defensive. Rigondeaux looked to touch Andrade with the jab and follow it with a left hand to the body. In Round 2, Andrade attempted to aggravate Rigondeaux by yelling and motioning for Rigondeaux to come forward. Later in the round, without a punch landing, Andrade backed to the ropes and either slipped or took a knee. He remained on one knee and without complaining cupped his glove to his ear as the referee counted. He made it to his feet at the count of eight. Rigondeaux was warned at the end of the second for holding the back of Andrade's head. A left hand to the body put Andrade down at 2:40 of Round 3. Andrade went to both knees before making it to his feet at the count of six. Referee Samuel Burgos waved an end to the bout as it appeared Andrade did not want to continue.
Lontchi vs. Santos
| NABA Super Bantamweight Title Fight
Kenndy vs. Becerra