Odlanier Solis vs. Carl Davis Drumond
(Redirected from Fight:1482016)
2010-03-20 : Odlanier Solis 268½ lbs beat Carl Davis Drumond 228½ lbs by RTD at 3:00 in round 3 of 10
- Location: Mallory Square, Key West, Florida, USA
- Referee: Samuel Burgos
- Judge: Michael Pernick
- Judge: Mike Ross
- Judge: Rocky Young
- Aired On: Fox Sports (Main Event)
- Promoter: Top Rank
- WBC International Heavyweight Title (Solis's 3rd defense)
- Odlanier Solis 15-0 (11 KOs) vs. Carl Davis Drumond 26-2 (20 KOs)
- Drumond entered is an 8.5/1 betting underdog and lost his previous two bouts.
- Solis wore white trunks with red trim. Drumond wore blue trunks with a red waistband and red and white striping.
- The bout was extensively delayed to what Fox Sports reported to be an issue concerning the wrapping of Drumond's hands. Allegedly a commissioner requested that one of Drumond's hands be rewrapped. Angered, Drumond threatened not to fight. Being convinced otherwise, the bout continued as planned.
- Solis opened the bout walking Drumond down and getting within punching range against little retaliation. He threw big power shots upstairs but found good success when throwing to the body. The third round saw Drumond wobbled and Solis attacking as the round ended. It was likely that the bell saved Drumond from being knocked down. Following the round, Drumond returned to his corner shaking his head "no". Upon return from commercial, it was announced that Drumond had quit in his corner. The Fox Sports announcers also added that Drumond's purse would be held.
- Blows: Solis 61/156 39%; Drumond 6/58 10%.