Michael Domingo vs. Richard Samosir
(Redirected from Fight:1607344)
2011-07-30 : Michael Domingo 121 lbs beat Richard Samosir 121 lbs by RTD at 3:00 in round 6 of 10
- Location: Hoops Dome, Lapu-Lapu City, Cebu, Philippines
- Referee: Samson Libres
- Judge: Edgar Olalo
- Judge: Edward Ligas
- Judge: Edwin Barrientos
- Michael Domingo 40-15-2 (18 KOs) vs. Richard Samosir 18-3-3 (7 KOs)
- Domingo entered as the IBF # 10 bantamweight contender. He is coming off a unanimous twelve-round decision loss to South African Vusi Malinga in an IBF Bantamweight Title Eliminator in South Africa 9 months ago, while Samosir is coming off a third-round knockout loss to Thai Thangthong Kiattaweesuk in Thailand more than 2 months ago.
- Domingo is 4-0 (2 KOs) against Indonesian fighters coming into the fight.
- Samosir is 0-1 against Filipino fighters and 0-2 when fighting outside his native Indonesia coming into the fight. This will also be the first time he would fight in the Philippines. He has also suffered all 3 of his losses in his last 4 fights.
- Samosir started the fight fighting at a distance, trying to control the pace of the fight with his jab, but Domingo coninued to apply the pressure and continued to land the harder and more meaningful shots heading into Round 6. Samosir actually tried to be more aggressive in the faithful sixth round, but Domingo still dominated. After the round, Samosir signalled to his corner that he has had enough.
- With the win, Domingo bounces back from his loss to Malinga 9 months ago, while Samosir suffers his 4th loss in his last five fights.