Revision as of 13:48, 17 March 2012 by James galaxy
2012-03-16 : Kendall Holt 144 lbs beat Tim Coleman 143 lbs by TKO at 2:23 in round 2 of 10
- Location: Morongo Casino Resort & Spa, Cabazon, California, USA
- Referee: Ray Corona
- Judge: Jonathan Davis
- Judge: Marty Denkin
- Judge: Jack Reiss
=Kendall Holt Versus Tim Coleman Junior Welterweight Bout
- World champion Roy Jones Jr. making a rare appearance in this bout as a second, working the corner of Kendall Holt with sound advice.
- Holt was coming off a 12 round split decision loss to unbeaten Danny Garcia. Coleman was coming off a seventh round stoppage to unbeaten Vernon Paris.
- Taller Coleman fought the bout coming forward to put on pressure. Holt fought the bout backing up and moving side to side, countering and tying up Coleman when he tried to get inside.
- Holt's overhand power landed to head and body, with lethal effect. Some of Coleman's jabs landed, but lacked power.
- Pinpoint accurate Left hooks to body and head by Holt scored 4 knockdowns of Coleman: once in the first round, and three times in the second.
- No automatic TKO, but Coleman's corner threw in the towel at 2:23 with their fighter being routed.
- Holt stated after the bout he intended to continue his career 1t 140 pounds where he is most effective.
- Boxingscene.com Story: Holt Demolishes Coleman, Roy Jones Jr. in his corner []