Tony Canzoneri vs. Kid Chocolate (1st meeting)
1931-11-20 : Tony Canzoneri 132 lbs beat Kid Chocolate 127½ lbs by SD in round 15 of 15
- Location: Madison Square Garden, New York, New York, USA
- Referee: Willie Lewis
- Judge: Charles F. Mathison
- Judge: Joe Agnello
- World Lightweight Title & World Jr. Welterweight Title
- Judge Mathison voted for Chocolate, resulting in the split decision.
- Unofficial AP scorecard: 8-5-2 Canzoneri
- Video: 
"[O]ne of the noisiest and most disorderly demonstrations the arena ever has witnessed after one of the greatest lightweight championship battles in local ring annals." New York Times
Had Canzoneri, former World Featherweight Champion, made 130 lbs for this bout, he would have been awarded Kid Chocolate's Jr. Lightweight title, and would have become the first four-division champion in history.