Sergio Martinez vs. Martin Murray
2013-04-27 : Sergio Martinez 159½ lbs beat Martin Murray 159½ lbs by UD in round 12 of 12
- Location: Club Atlético Vélez Sarsfield, Buenos Aires, Distrito Federal, Argentina
- Referee: Massimo Barrovecchio
- Judge: Nicolas Hidalgo 115-112
- Judge: Alejandro Rochin 115-112
- Judge: Max DeLuca 115-112
- Ring Announcer: Michael Buffer
- Aired On: HBO, BoxNation
- World Boxing Council Middleweight Title (1st defense of 2nd reign by Martinez)
- The Ring Magazine Middleweight Title (6th defense by Martinez)
For the third time in as many fights, 38-year-old Argentine Sergio Martinez came off the mat to retain his title as middleweight champion of the world.
The champion moved with his hands low and outworked challenger Martin Murray over the first three rounds. Murray picked up his pace in the fourth and outlanded Martinez for the first time in the fight. Martinez was allowed time to recover from a low blow in the round. In Round 6, a cut opened to the outside of Martinez's left eye.
The scored knockdown came in Round 8 when Murray connected with a straight right hand that caught Martinez flushly on the jaw as he was backpedaling and put him on his backside for a couple seconds. Martinez went to the mat again in Round 10 following a glancing punch, but it was ruled by the referee to be a slip.
Through nine rounds, the fight was very close with many having it scored even. The champion, despite complaining of pain in his left hand, outworked Murray in the eleventh and twelfth to claim the win in front of his home crowd.
- Sergio Martinez 50-2-2 (28 KOs) vs. Martin Murray 25-0-1 (11 KOs)
- Martinez entered as world middleweight champion and the #4 fighter pound-for-pound according to The Ring Magazine. Murray, a 6-to-1 betting underdog, entered ranked as the #7 middleweight contender by the same publication. 
- It was the first fight for Martinez in his native Argentina in over 11 years. It was Murray's first bout outside of Europe in his professional career.
- The start time for the outdoor bout was moved up two hours due to weather.
- The attendance was estimated to have exceeding 40,000.
- HBO judge Harold Lederman scored the bout 114-113 Martinez.