Deontay Wilder vs. Audley Harrison
2013-04-27 : Deontay Wilder 224½ lbs beat Audley Harrison 236½ lbs by TKO at 1:10 in round 1 of 12
- Location: Sheffield Arena, Sheffield, Yorkshire, United Kingdom
- Referee: Terry O'Connor
- Judge: Phil Edwards
- Judge: Steve Gray
- Judge: Marcus McDonnell
Deontay Wilder connected with the first right hand he threw and that was all it took to push his unbeaten record to 28-0 with 28 knockouts.
Wilder, from Tuscaloosa, Alabama, found an opening 49 seconds into the opening round and caught the veteran Harrison with a a big right hand that rocked the Britain back into the ropes. A wild followup barrage from Wilder crumpled Harrison into the corner. Harrison used the ropes to get to his feet at the count of eight, but referee Terry O'Connor waved an end to the bout.
- Deontay Wilder 27-0 (27 KOs) vs. Audley Harrison 31-6 (23 KOs)
- Fight was on the undercard of Amir Khan vs. Julio Diaz.
- Harrison was two months removed from winning the prizefighter heavyweight tournament.
- The two were sparring partners in 2012 when Harrison was preparing for his fight with David Price. Harrison was knocked out in that fight at 1:22 of the first round.
- Four days after the fight, the 41-year-old Harrison announced his retirement.