Nathan Cleverly vs. Sergey Kovalev
(Redirected from Fight:1811424)
2013-08-17 : Nathan Cleverly 173½ lbs lost to Sergey Kovalev 174 lbs by TKO at 0:29 in round 4 of 12
- Location: Motorpoint Arena, Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
- Referee: Terry O'Connor
- Judge: Zoltan Enyedi
- Judge: Jose Ignacio Martinez Antunez
- Judge: Alfredo Polanco
- Ring Announcer: Michael Buffer
- Aired On: HBO Boxing After Dark (tape delay)
- World Boxing Organization Light Heavyweight Title (6th defense by Cleverly)
- Nathan Cleverly 26-0 (12 KOs) vs. Sergey Kovalev 21-0-1 (19 KOs)
- Cleverly entered as the # 2 light heavyweight contender in the world according to The Ring Magazine. Kovalev was ranked as the # 3 light heavyweight contender by the same publication. Adonis Stevenson was recognized as the light heavyweight champion at the time of the fight.
- Cleverly was floored twice in the third round and was out on his feet at the end of the round. Referee Terry O'Connor carried him to his corner at the end of the round. Kovalev attacked early in Round 4 leading O'Connor to wave an end to the bout.
- It was the first time Cleverly had been knocked down as a professional.