Mike Alvarado vs. Ruslan Provodnikov
2013-10-19 : Mike Alvarado 139¾ lbs lost to Ruslan Provodnikov 139¾ lbs by RTD at 3:00 in round 10 of 12
- Location: 1STBANK Center, Broomfield, Denver, Colorado, USA
- Referee: Tony Weeks
- Judge: Dennis Nelson 90-98
- Judge: Robert Hoyle 92-96
- Judge: Levi Martinez 90-97
- Aired On: HBO (Main Event)
- World Boxing Organization Light Welterweight Title (Alvarado's first defense)
Ruslan Providnikov floored Alvarado twice in the eighth round. It was the first time Alvarado has been knocked down in his career.
In the 10th, Provodnikov caught Alvarado against the ropes. Alvarado survived, but after the bell, he walked to the wrong corner, clearly dazed. Referee Tony Weeks tried to engage Alvarado in the corner before the 11th.
"I asked Mike two to three times, 'Do you want to continue?' " Weeks said. "And Mike said each time, 'No.' "
So Weeks stopped the fight for a TKO on the chair before the start of the 11th. 
- Mike Alvarado 34-1 (23 KOs) vs. Ruslan Provodnikov 22-2 (15 KOs)
- Alvarado entered as the #3 junior welterweight contender in the world according to The Ring Magazine. Provodnikov, a slight 1.05-to-1 betting underdog, was ranked as the #6 contender by the same publication.  
- Alvarado reportedly made $1.3 million and Providnikov $600K. 
- Alvarado weighed in at 141 lbs. and was allowed two hours to lose the weight. He returned at 139.8 lbs.