2014-03-01 : Ricky Burns 134¼ lbs lost to Terence Crawford 134¼ lbs by UD in round 12 of 12
- Location: Scottish Exhibition Centre, Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Referee: Luis Pabon
- Judge: Salven Lagumbay 112-116
- Judge: Alejandro Lopez Cid 111-117
- Judge: Zoltan Enyedi 112-116
- Crawford won but it was not an upset. The first seven rounds were competitive. Perhaps the first three rounds went to Burns as they were about even. From the fourth round on, edge to Crawford as his jabs were fast and he outworked Burns. The crowd cheered Burns on in his fifth title defense, but the judges got the scorecards correct. Not a close bout. One thing was clear: Crawford did the work for this bout, and in frequently tying Burns off and not letting him get off, Crawford stylistically fought the exact right type of fight to win. Burns had no answer.
- Punch Stats