Joe Louis vs. Max Baer
- Location: Yankee Stadium, Bronx, New York, USA
- Referee: Arthur Donovan
- Attendance: 88,150
- Jack Dempsey was in Baer's corner
- Purses: Louis-$217,337, Baer-$181,114
- Baer was knocked down twice in the 3rd round. It was soon after determined that Baer should have been saved by the bell, as the round had actually lasted 3:09; and the rest period before the fourth round had lasted 74 seconds instead of one minute.
- Going into this bout, Baer was hampered by hand injuries (Cinderella Man: James Braddock, Max Baer, and the Greatest Upset in Boxing History), Jeremy Schaap, p. 268).
- Program Cover
-  AP, August 22, 1935
-  UPI, September 24, 1935
-  The Milwaukee Journal, September 25, 1935
-  Miami News, September 27, 1935
"Standing across the ring from Joe Louis and knowing he wants to go home early." - Max Baer's definition of fear.