Muhammad Ali vs.Charlie Powell
(Redirected from Fight:22875)
1963-01-24 : Muhammad Ali 205 lbs beat Charlie Powell 214 lbs by KO at 2:04 in round 3 of 10
- Location: Civic Arena, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
- Referee: Ernie Sesto
- Clay was a 4 to 1 favorite.
- There was a crowd of 11,238. It was a record for an indoor fight in Pittsburgh.
- The gross gate was $55,782, and the net was $47,360. 10% of the net went to a fund for the families of 37 men who were killed in a mine explosion the previous month.
- Clay fulfilled his prediction of a third-round knockout. It was the 13th time in 14 knockouts that Clay correctly picked the KO round.
- Powell was a former defensive end for the San Francisco 49ers.