Frank Tate vs. Tony Sibson
(Redirected from Fight:2677)
1988-02-07 : Frank Tate 160 lbs beat Tony Sibson 160 lbs by KO at 2:53 in round 10 of 12
- Location: Bingley Hall, Stafford, Staffordshire, United Kingdom
- Referee: Frank Cappuccino
- Judge: Clark Sammartino 87-84
- Judge: Torben Seemann Hansen 88-83
- Judge: Joseph Pasquale 87-84
- IBF Middleweight Title (1st defense by Tate)
- At the time of this bout, IBF title fights were usually scheduled for fifteen rounds. However, Tate vs. Sibson was scheduled for twelve rounds because the British Boxing Board of Control refused to sanction the fight at fifteen rounds and threatened to withdraw the licenses of Sibson, promoter Frank Warren and any other Briton associated with the fight. It wasn't until the day before the fight that the IBF announced that the fight would be scheduled for twelve rounds.
- Before the fight, some fans without tickets tried to crash the gate. They exploded gas canisters and fought with security officials.
- Tate dropped Sibson late in the tenth round with a right hand to the head. 
Tate vs. Olajide
| IBF Middleweight Title Fight
Tate vs. Nunn