Bobby Chacon vs. Cornelius Boza Edwards (2nd meeting)
(Redirected from Fight:44239)
1983-05-15 : Cornelius Boza-Edwards 129¾ lbs lost to Bobby Chacon 129¾ lbs by UD in round 12 of 12
- Location: Caesars Palace, Sports Pavilion, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Richard Steele
- Judge: Duane Ford 113-115
- Judge: Lou Tabat 112-115
- Judge: Dave Moretti 111-117
- Promoter: Don Chargin Productions (Don Chargin)
- Ring Announcer: Chuck Hull
- Aired On: NBC Sportsworld
- Boza-Edwards was down in the 2nd round.
- Chacon cut over left eye in round two.
- Chacon overcame a 3rd round knockdown and bad cuts over both eyes to floor Boza-Edwards in the 12th.
- Steele halted the action in both the 7th and 8th rounds to have Chacon's cuts checked by ringside physician, Dr. Flip Holmansky.
- Fight was named Ring Magazine Fight of the Year.
- Although Chacon was the reigning WBC Junior Lightweight champion and Boza-Edwards the WBC's number 1 contender, this bout was not sanctioned by the WBC as Chacon had supposedly signed a contract with Don King to fight Hector Camacho first. Chacon would be stripped of the title June 27, 1983 for failing to defend against Camacho.