Roy Jones Jr. vs. Jorge Vaca
(Redirected from Fight:5799)
1992-01-10 : Roy Jones Jr 158 lbs beat Jorge Vaca 155 lbs by KO at 1:45 in round 1 of 10
- Location: Paramount Theatre, New York, New York, USA
- Referee: Luis Rivera
- Judge: Don Ackerman
- Judge: Don Nodecker
- Judge: Barbara Perez
- The main event was Darrin Van Horn vs. Iran Barkley for the IBF super middleweight title.
- There was a crowd of 3,063.
- The card was promoted by Main Events.
- Jones weighed in two pounds over the contracted weight limit of 156. Vaca was refusing to go through with the bout until Lou Duva convinced him to change his mind two hours before the fight.
- The knockout came when Jones had Vaca on the ropes. Vaca dropped his right hand every time he threw his left jab, and Jones used a fast, well-timed counter left hook to put him down for the count.