Oscar De La Hoya vs. Shane Mosley (2nd meeting)
(Redirected from Fight:644976)
|Total Punches||Mosley||De La Hoya|
|Power Punches||Mosley||De La Hoya|
|Jabs||Mosley||De La Hoya|
2003-09-13 : Shane Mosley 154 lbs beat Oscar De La Hoya 154 lbs by UD in round 12 of 12
- Location: MGM Grand, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Joe Cortez
- Judge: Anek Hongtongkam 115-113
- Judge: Duane Ford 115-113
- Judge: Stanley Christodoulou 115-113
- World Boxing Council Super Welterweight Title (3rd defense of De La Hoya)
- World Boxing Association Super Welterweight Title (2nd defense of De La Hoya)
- IBA Light Middleweight Title (2nd defense of De La Hoya)
- Promoter: Bob Arum (Top Rank)
- Aired on: HBO Pay-Per-View
- Shane Mosley wins the Ring Magazine Jr Middleweight Championship of the World.
- De La Hoya is cut from a headbutt in the 3rd round.
- Going in to the 12th round, Shane's father and trainer told him that he needed a knockout to win. De La Hoya stated at the post-fight press conference that he would file a protest of the fight, using punch stat numbers (among other reasons) as to why he should have won on the judge's scorecards.
- According to a Top Rank poll of ringside reporters, 16 scored the fight for Mosley, eight for De La Hoya and four had it a draw.
- As part of the investigations into the BALCO scandal, Mosley later testified before a grand jury that he had taken the doping agent EPO prior to this fight. 
Purses: Shane Mosley - $4.25 million+
- Bob Arum (De La Hoya's promoter): "I've never even seen anything like this in my life!! It wasn't even close!!"
- De La Hoya (on the investigation request to be filed): "I'm really going to put my heart into it and the resources I have."
- Mosley: "I really don't know what to think about that [investigation]. All I know is that I won the fight, I'm the legitimate champion of the world. I feel like I won a couple of fights that I lost, or won a fight that I lost... what can you do?"