Felix Sturm vs. Oscar De La Hoya
(Redirected from Fight:727830)
|Total Punches||Sturm||De La Hoya|
2004-06-05 : Oscar De La Hoya 160 lbs beat Felix Sturm 160 lbs by UD in round 12 of 12
- Location: MGM Grand, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Vic Drakulich
- Judge: Mike Glienna 115-113
- Judge: Paul Smith 115-113
- Judge: Dave Moretti 115-113
- Harold Lederman of HBO scored the bout 115-113 for Sturm.
- Sturm's promoter Klaus-Peter Kohl, filed a protest with the Nevada State Athletic Commission regarding the scoring of the fight.
- Marc Ratner, the commission's executive director, turned the protest down – stating there was no basis for such a protest.
- The fight generated 380,000 pay-per-view buys and $19 million in pay-per-view revenue.
- HBO commentators Jim Lampley and Roy Jones, Jr. both felt Sturm had clearly won, while unofficial scorer Harold Lederman also had Sturm the winner with the score of 115–113, scoring six of the last seven rounds for Sturm. Though the winner, De La Hoya expressed disappointment, saying of his performance, "Everything went wrong tonight". Sturm, who felt that De La Hoya had been gifted the decision due to his popularity and to preserve the lucrative De La Hoya–Hopkins fight, said "I know Oscar is a big name here and a great champion, but tonight, I think the whole world saw who was the better fighter."
Sturm vs. Hernandez
| WBO Middleweight Title Fight
Hopkins vs. De La Hoya