James Toney vs. Roy Jones Jr.
(Redirected from Fight:8934)
1994-11-18 : Roy Jones Jr 168 lbs beat James Toney 167 lbs by UD in round 12 of 12
- Location: MGM Grand, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Richard Steele
- Judge: John Stewart 119-108
- Judge: Jerry Roth 118-109
- Judge: Glen Hamada 117-110
- Unofficial AP scorecard: 119-107 Jones
- International Boxing Federation Super Middleweight Title (4th defense by Toney)
- The Ring ranked Toney as the second best pound-for-pound fighter in the world. Jones was ranked third.
- Toney and Jones turned down guaranteed purses ($2.5 million for Toney, $2 million for Jones) and took percentages.
Toney received 45% and Jones 35% of all revenues after expenses.
- There was an estimated crowd of 7,000.
- There were 300,000 pay-per-view buys.
- Toney weighed 207 pounds when he started training camp, but he was able to get down to 167 for the official weigh-in.
According to Marc Ratner, executive director of the Nevada State Athletic Commission, Toney entered the ring at 182.
Jones was 168 at the official weigh-in and went to the ring at 178.
- Toney was a 6-5 favorite.
- Jones knocked Toney down in the third round with a left hook.
- Jones landed 285 of 614 punches (46%) and Toney connected on 157 of 451 (35%).