Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Carlos Hernandez
|(12 intermediate revisions by 7 users not shown)|
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
<fight>112962</fight>Mayweather suffered the first knockdown of his career
Mayweather suffered the first knockdown of his career
his left glove touched the canvas the .
Latest revision as of 10:24, 23 March 2012
2001-05-26 : Floyd Mayweather Jr 130 lbs beat Carlos Hernandez 128½ lbs by UD in round 12 of 12
- Location: Van Andel Arena, Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA
- Referee: Dale Grable
- Judge: Peter Trematerra 119-109
- Judge: Bob Watson 117-109
- Judge: Marty Sammon 116-111
- World Boxing Council Super Featherweight Title (7th defense of Mayweather)
- Ring Announcer: Michael Buffer
- Aired On: HBO World Championship Boxing (Main Event)
- Mayweather suffered the first knockdown of his career in the 6th round.
- Hernandez had a point deducted in the 12th round for elbowing.
- Mayweather threw a punch that connected on Hernandez's head which hurt his hand and made him grimace from the pain. He walked away shaking his hand. In the process, his left glove touched the canvas and the referee started counting. This is recorded as Mayweather's first and only career knockdown.