Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Carlos Hernandez
Revision as of 06:09, 8 December 2011 by Withoutthee88
2001-05-26 : Floyd Mayweather Jr 130 lbs beat Carlos Hernandez 128½ lbs by UD in round 12 of 12
- Location: Van Andel Arena, Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA
- Referee: Dale Grable
- Judge: Peter Trematerra 119-109
- Judge: Bob Watson 117-109
- Judge: Marty Sammon 116-111
- World Boxing Council Super Featherweight Title (7th defense of Mayweather)
- Weights: Mayweather 130 lbs, Hernandez 128 lbs
- Mayweather suffered the first knockdown of his career in the 6th round.
- Hernandez had a point deducted in the 12th round for elbowing.
- Mayweather threw a punch that connected on Hernandez's head which hurt his hand and made him grimace from the pain. He walked away shaking his hand. In the process, his left glove touched the canvas and the referee started counting. This is recorded as Mayweather's first and only career knockdown.