Difference between revisions of "Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Gregorio Vargas"
m (reinserted Bout summary while external link is dead)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Revision as of 01:16, 28 February 2011
2000-03-18 : Floyd Mayweather Jr 130 lbs beat Gregorio Vargas 130 lbs by UD in round 12 of 12
- Location: MGM Grand, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Richard Steele
- Judge: Chuck Giampa 118-109
- Judge: Daniel Van de Wiele 119-108
- Judge: John Keane 119-108
- WBC Super Featherweight Title (Mayweather's 5th defense)
Mayweather displayed a one-sided but lackluster effort. He dropped Vargas with a body shot in the sixth round. Many in the crowd booed a perceived lack of action over the final few rounds. Mayweather claimed afterwards that he had injured his hand in the sixth.