Difference between revisions of "Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Jose Luis Castillo (2nd meeting)"
m (removed "Category:2002 Bouts" and double entry of officials)
m (Jose Luis Castillo vs. Floyd Mayweather Jr. (2nd meeting) moved to Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Jose Luis Castillo (2nd meeting))
Revision as of 13:33, 30 March 2008
2002-12-07 : Floyd Mayweather Jr 134 lbs beat Jose Luis Castillo 135 lbs by UD in round 12 of 12
- Location: Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Joe Cortez
- Judge: Ken Morita 115-113
- Judge: Larry O'Connell 116-113
- Judge: Daniel Van de Wiele 115-113
- World Boxing Council Lightweight Title (1st defense of Mayweather)
- Weights: Castillo 135 lbs, Mayweather 134 lbs
- Mayweather's Ring Magazine Lightweight Championship was on the line.
- Mayweather kept his distance and outboxed Castillo early.
- Castillo was able to get inside and land to the body in the middle rounds.
- Mayweather secured the fight by boxing and moving late. - HBO unofficial scorer Harold Lederman had Mayweather ahead 115-113.
- Fellow analyst Larry Merchant also scored it 115-113 for Mayweather.