Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Jose Luis Castillo (2nd meeting)
Revision as of 01:22, 11 December 2011 by Withoutthee88
2002-12-07 : Floyd Mayweather Jr 134 lbs beat Jose Luis Castillo 135 lbs by UD in round 12 of 12
- Location: Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Joe Cortez
- Judge: Ken Morita 115-113
- Judge: Larry O'Connell 116-113
- Judge: Daniel Van de Wiele 115-113
- World Boxing Council Lightweight Title (1st defense of Mayweather)
- The Ring Magazine Lightweight Title (Mayweather defending)
- Weights: Castillo 135 lbs, Mayweather 134 lbs
- Mayweather kept his distance and outboxed Castillo early.
- Castillo was able to get inside and land to the body in the middle rounds.
- Mayweather secured the fight by boxing and moving late.
- HBO's unofficial scorer Harold Lederman had Mayweather ahead 115-113.
- Fellow analyst Larry Merchant also scored it 115-113 for Mayweather.