Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Jose Luis Castillo (2nd meeting)
Revision as of 08:47, 29 December 2006 by Tyler
2002-12-07 : Floyd Mayweather Jr 134 lbs beat Jose Luis Castillo 135 lbs by UD in round 12 of 12
- Location: Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Joe Cortez
- Judge: Ken Morita 115-113
- Judge: Larry O'Connell 116-113
- Judge: Daniel Van de Wiele 115-113
- Mayweather kept his distance and outboxed Castillo early. Castillo was able to get inside and land to the body in the middle rounds. Mayweather secured the fight by boxing and moving late.
- HBO unofficial scorer Harold Lederman had Mayweather ahead 115-113. Fellow analyst Larry Merchant also scored it 115-113 for Mayweather.
- CompuBox had Mayweather landing 162/399 and Castillo 137/604. Power shots: 74/164 Mayweather, 101/427 Castillo.
- Mayweather's Ring Magazine Lightweight Championship was on the line.