Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Roberto Apodaca
From Boxrec Boxing Encyclopaedia
(Difference between revisions)
|(16 intermediate revisions by 8 users not shown)|
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
<fight> 11001 </fight>
*debut for 1996 Olympic Bronze Floyd Mayweather .
Latest revision as of 21:30, 8 May 2012
1996-10-11 : Floyd Mayweather Jr 131 lbs beat Roberto Apodaca 130 lbs by TKO at 0:37 in round 2 of 4
- Location: Texas Station Casino, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Kenny Bayless
- Judge: Jerry Roth
- Judge: Art Lurie
- Judge: Patricia Morse Jarman
- Aired On: ESPN Friday Night Fights
- Professional debut for 1996 Olympic Bronze Medalist Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Apodaca took a knee at 1:47 of Round 1 reacting from a left hook to the body.
- At 0:30 of Round 2, a second left hook to the liver sent Apodaca, in obvious pain, down again. After starting a brief count, referee Kenny Bayless waved an end to the bout.
- Al Bernstein reported on ESPN's tape of the Sanders bout that Apodaca landed only two blows. He also reported that Mayweather threw 35 punches per round, landing 49%.