Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Victoriano Sosa
Revision as of 11:29, 22 November 2011 by Slugger
2003-04-19 : Floyd Mayweather Jr 134 lbs beat Victoriano Sosa 134 lbs by UD in round 12 of 12
- Location: Selland Arena, Fresno, California, USA
- Referee: Raul Caiz Sr
- Judge: Chuck Hassett 118-110
- Judge: Lou Filippo 119-109
- Judge: Jack Woodburn 118-110
- World Boxing Council Lightweight Title (2nd defense of Mayweather)
- Promoter: Bob Arum (Top Rank)
- Aired on: HBO
- Mayweather makes the second defense of his title with an exciting but lopsided unanimous decision over the tough Dominican challenger.
- Many in attendance felt the fight was much closer than the scorecards indicated.
- Mayweather defends his Ring Magazine lightweight world title.