Floyd Mayweather Jr vs. Miguel Cotto
Revision as of 03:35, 4 May 2012 by Sweetscientist
2012-05-05 : Floyd Mayweather Jr 151 lbs beat Miguel Cotto 154 lbs by UD in round 12 of 12
- Location: MGM Grand, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Tony Weeks
- Judge: Robert Hoyle 118-110
- Judge: Patricia Morse Jarman 117-111
- Judge: Dave Moretti 117-111
- Aired On: HBO Pay-Per-View
- World Boxing Association Super World Light Middleweight Title (3rd defense by Cotto)
- WBC Diamond Light Middleweight Title (vacant)
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. 42-0 (26 KOs) vs. Miguel Cotto 37-2 (30 KOs)
- Mayweather entered as the # 2 pound-for-pound fighter in the world and the # 2 welterweight according to The Ring Magazine. Cotto, a 4.5/1 betting underdog, was ranked as the # 1 junior middleweight by the same publication.  
- For Mayweather, it was only the second time in his professional career he had fought at the 154 pound limit. In his previous bout at 154, which was five years to the day earlier, he earned a split-decision over Oscar De La Hoya for the WBC Light Middleweight Title. it was Cotto's fourth fight at 154 lbs.
- The purse for the bout was split 65/35 in favor of Mayweather.