From Boxrec Boxing Encyclopaedia
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. 42-0 (26 KOs) vs. Miguel Cotto 37-2 (30 KOs)
- Mayweather entered as the # 2 pound-for-pound fighter in the world and the # 2 welterweight according to The Ring Magazine. Cotto, a 4.5/1 betting underdog, was ranked as the # 1 junior middleweight by the same publication.  
- For Mayweather, it was only the second time in his professional career he had fought at the 154 pound limit. In his previous bout at 154, which was five years to the day earlier, he earned a split-decision over Oscar De La Hoya for the WBC Light Middleweight Title. it was Cotto's fourth fight at 154 lbs.
- At 151 lbs., Mayweather was fighting at the heaviest weight of his professional career to date.
- The purse for the bout was split 65/35 in favor of Mayweather, with Mayweather to receive a guaranteed $32 million.
- Ticket prices for the event ranged from $200 to $1,500,
- As part of the pre-fight buildup, HBO aired its "24/7" series which documented some of the training of the fighters leading up to the bout.
- The price of the pay-per-view was $59.95. It was also shown in 440 theaters, most of which charged about $20 per person.  
- It was the eighth overall, and fifth consecutive fight for Mayweather at this location. It too was the eighth overall appearance for Cotto at this venue.