Frank Bruno vs. Mike Tyson (2nd meeting)
From Boxrec Boxing Encyclopaedia
Revision as of 14:27, 12 July 2012 by Sweetscientist
1996-03-16 : Mike Tyson 220 lbs beat Frank Bruno 247 lbs by TKO at 0:50 in round 3 of 12
- Location: MGM Grand, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Mills Lane
- Judge: Larry O'Connell 20-17
- Judge: Anek Hongtongkam 20-17
- Judge: Jerry Roth 20-17
- World Boxing Council Heavyweight Title (1st defense of Bruno)
- Bruno was cut over his left eye in the first round.
- Referee Mills Lane stopped the fight as Bruno went down against the ropes, unable to defend himself.
- It was the final fight of Bruno's professional career.
- Tyson was paid a reported $30 million and Bruno a reported $6 million.
- Tyson's 3rd fight since his comeback was against Frank Bruno, and this time it was a title match. In his fourth attempt, Bruno had captured the WBC title from Oliver McCall, who on his part, took the belt from Lennox Lewis. Tyson and Bruno met once before in February 1989. Tyson defended his heavyweight crown then when he knocked Bruno out in 5.